It has been known for centuries that certain herbs, spices and oils heal inflammation, thus providing relief to a variety of different types of pain including that associated with arthritis. Plants or herbs are vital and considered essential for an effective and permanent control and cure of most types of pain. However, obtaining the right herbs in right quantities and recommended dosages and “pure” form can be very expensive and tough. One of the best ways to obtain and consume these herbs is to use a natural, safe and original herbal supplement that essentially contains the optimal quantities of various safe and time-tested herbs used to get prompt and sustained herbal pain relief.
Following herbs have been found to be highly effective in providing herbal pain relief:
Capsaicin pain relief
Capsaicin functions by depleting or interfering with substance P, a chemical involved in transmitting pain impulses to the brain. The properties of capsaicin make it an option for relieving pain associated with various types of arthritis such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetic neuropathy. Capsaicin is also used to relieve muscle pain, joint pain, or nerve pain. In one of the several studies done to evaluate the beneficial role of capsaicin that involved 70 osteoarthritis patients and 31 rheumatoid arthritis patients, about 80% of patients experienced pain reduction following two weeks of treatment.
Reishi Gano pain releif
The popular edible mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) has been widely used for the general promotion of health and longevity in Asian countries. It is used to treat various human diseases such as allergy, arthritis, bronchitis, ulcer, hyperglycemia, hypertension (high blood pressure), liver disease, insomnia (inability to sleep), nephritis (kidney inflammation), neurasthenia, scleroderma, inflammation, and cancer. It is composed of more than 200 active elements including Polysaccharide, Adenosine and Triterpenoids, each having their own outstanding medicinal effects.
Reishi Gano helps to resolve arthritis symptoms in a number of ways such as:
- It is a natural pain killer (COX 2 inhibitor)
- It has strong anti-inflammatory effect (Effectively controls pain and inflammation of joints, cartilages and adjacent tissues)
- It is a powerful immuno-modulator and helps our body fight against infections and inflammations. It also helps to control auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is also a powerful antioxidant, rated 7 times more potent than Ginseng. Antioxidants are substances which detoxify the body from the harmful effects of “free radicals” which can cause several diseases.
Tongkat Ali pain relief
Locally known as Tongkat Ali in Malaysia, this root has long been known for several properties such as:
- As a potent aphrodisiac – boosting sexual ability
- As a traditional remedy for fatigue (common problem in all forms of arthritis)
- Tongkat Ali has a significant effect on increasing energy level
- Tongkat Ali roots are known to increase androgen hormones levels, which play an integral role in boosting & controlling energy as well as enhancing the immune system (which is very much needed in rheumatoid arthritis)
In addition, it also:
- Improves muscle mass and strength
- Increases bone mineral density
- Improves sense of well being
- Improves cognitive function
- Improves blood flow to organs
- Reduces stress & tension
Creative license belongs to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjdmuse/6205029847/