Arthritis is a general or universal term used for a huge group of related conditions including rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. While arthritis causes severe pain in the joints, relief comes from many directions like exercises, diet, massages, yoga, drugs etc. While the advancement in medical field still soars, it does good to bear in mind that the easiest and quickest cure for many an ailment and pain comes from natural foods and healthy eating habits.
The case is no different for arthritis. It has been known for centuries that certain herbs, spices and oils heal inflammation, thus providing relief to joint pain associated with arthritis. Let us learn a bit more on these foods
Capsaicin works by depleting or interfering with substance P, a chemical involved in transmitting pain impulses to the brain. The properties of capsaicin make it an option for relieving pain associated with various types of arthritis such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetic neuropathy. Capsaicin is used to relieve muscle pain, joint pain, or nerve pain. In one of the several studies done to evaluate the beneficial role of capsaicin that involved 70 osteoarthritis patients and 31 rheumatoid arthritis patients, about 80% of patients experienced pain reduction following two weeks of treatment.
The popular edible mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) has been widely used for the general promotion of health and longevity in Asian countries. It is used to treat various human diseases such as allergy, arthritis, bronchitis, ulcer, hyperglycemia, hypertension (high blood pressure), liver disease, insomnia (inability to sleep), nephritis (kidney inflammation), neurasthenia, scleroderma, inflammation, and cancer. It is composed of more than 200 active elements including Polysaccharide, Adenosine and Triterpenoids, each having their own outstanding medicinal effects.
Reishi Gano helps to resolve arthritis symptoms in a number of ways such as:
- It is a natural pain killer (COX 2 inhibitor)
- It has strong anti-inflammatory effect (Effectively controls pain and inflammation of joints, cartilages and adjacent tissues)
- It is a powerful immuno-modulator and helps our body fight against infections and inflammations. It also helps to control auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is also a powerful antioxidant, rated 7 times more potent than Ginseng. Antioxidants are substances which detoxify the body from the harmful effects of “free radicals” which can cause several diseases.
Locally known as Tongkat Ali in Malaysia, this root has long been known for several properties such as:
- As a potent aphrodisiac – boosting sexual ability
- As a traditional remedy for fatigue (common problem in all forms of arthritis)
- Tongkat Ali has a significant effect on increasing energy level
- Tongkat Ali roots are known to increase androgen hormones levels, which play an integral role in boosting & controlling energy as well as enhancing the immune system (which is very much needed in rheumatoid arthritis)
In addition, it also:
- Improves muscle mass and strength
- Increases bone mineral density
- Improves sense of well being
- Improves cognitive function
- Improves blood flow to organs
- Reduces stress & tension
It is crystal clear from the above discussion that these three plants or herbs are vital and considered essential for an effective and permanent control and cure of most types of arthritis and their symptoms. However, you must also remember that obtaining these three herbs in the recommended dosage and “pure” form can very expensive and tough. One of the best ways to obtain and consume these herbs is to use a natural, safe and original herbal supplement such as Provailen that essentially contains the optimal quantities of Reishi Gano, Tongkat Ali and Capsaicin in their recommended dosages and at a very economical cost.